PDA

View Full Version : Onan MDJF 15 KW, 32 Volt can't find parts, looking for alternatives.

Providence Bah
03-05-2021, 11:37 AM
I am having trouble finding parts for my old Onan, in particular the centrifugal engine stop switch.

Has anyone used a simpler method of engine protection?

Could I use the oil pressure and temp senders to control the stop solenoid directly with a bypass for start up?

metama
03-05-2021, 08:59 PM
My Onan may be on it's way out of the boat.

Before that I put in a new 32V solinod, found out it was hot-wired, Fixed the Hotwire with the correct relays (hard to track down).

Let me know what you need, I may be pulling the geni out in 2 weeks.

You only have a few sensors. You can make a safety switch on your own or corrected the current ones. Hard to find the info, not hard to fix.

Providence Bah
03-06-2021, 09:45 AM
Thank you Metama, I would like to get the centrifugal switch assembly if possible. Curious to know what you are going to replace it with?

I have a 6KW Phasor as well and am considering a bigger inverter {currently 3000w} and lots of batteries plus solar panels and wind. but this probably wont run the air conditioning,48025

Captain Ralph
03-06-2021, 10:35 AM
am considering a bigger inverter {currently 3000w} and lots of batteries plus solar panels and wind. but this probably wont run the air conditioning,

Look at the Magnum MS4024PAE or MS4048PAE. True 240Vac with a built in auto transformer to help balance 120Vac loads.
It will run one A/C and one small water pump at night or while underway with a charging alternator on line.