PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in The Machine [Ignition question]

riverrandy
06-18-2019, 11:31 PM
When I bought Aquamarine, the captain who showed her said the ignition "buttons" at the helm don't work, and it was better to start her in the ER. I did not disagree, and because the shut down worked from the helm I was not too concerned. 6 weeks later (after bottom job) I forgot, went to the helm, and fired her right up no issue. I have been starting her from helm since January. Last Friday the ignition buttons at helm were dead!? But she started right up from ER, and the shut down was fine. Nothing else has changed, but she won't start from either helm.

What do you guys think? I am not too sure where to begin but will review wiring schematics ASAP

tonytrakovich
06-19-2019, 03:15 AM
If the gauges all work properly and the stop button works when the ignition key switch is turned on then it is probably not the fuse or the key switch.Next I would check the push buttons themselves. Though it would be strange that both push buttons go out at once.I guess next would be terminal strips and terminals?

scottinsydney
06-19-2019, 04:29 AM
I have experienced similar issues.

1. Stop button needed replacing
2. Start button needed replacing
3. Ignition fuse in engine room boxes, needed to be jiggled around but soon failed and needed to be replaced.

riverrandy
06-19-2019, 09:51 PM
3. Ignition fuse in engine room boxes, needed to be jiggled around but soon failed and needed to be replaced.

D'oh Ignition fuses, oh yea...those things.