PDA

View Full Version : Water Supply Pressure Regulator - 1972 Hatteras

Kim Beatley
04-22-2017, 06:03 PM
22352 Went to power up water system on 1972 Hatteras and found this device spewing water everywhere. I am assuming it is a pressure regulator. Does anyone know specifics about this device, operational parameters and where to find a new one?

dottieshusband
04-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Watts LF25AUB Z3

SEVEN
04-22-2017, 07:14 PM
I'd add a new generation unit. Get them at any plumbing supply or Box stores.

Kim Beatley
04-22-2017, 07:42 PM
What pressure should the system in the boat be set?

MikeP
04-22-2017, 08:26 PM
30-35PSI is the pressure per Hatt owners manual on our 53MY. As noted, any hardware store will have a suitable replacement. I got mine at the TruValu up the road.

SEVEN
04-22-2017, 11:42 PM
Agreed. 30/35

dottieshusband
04-23-2017, 08:40 AM
What pressure should the system in the boat be set?.. The AC pump is set to kick in at 35psi, and cut out at 60psi...so, something in that range for the shore water source. ps, you need to save and reuse the fittings, they are hard to source, especially in 1/2 inch tubing.

http://media.wattswater.com/ES-LF25AUB.pdf

MikeP
04-23-2017, 09:50 AM
FWIW, the OEM Hatt system pressure with the OEM GM water pump is in the range of 25-on, 35-off. Many folks run them higher but that's the original setup; I have found that it works fine and I prefer the shore and pump operation to "feel" the same, even though we seldom use shore.

Pascal
04-23-2017, 10:42 AM
.. The AC pump is set to kick in at 35psi, and cut out at 60psi...so, something in that range for the shore water source. ps, you need to save and reuse the fittings, they are hard to source, especially in 1/2 inch tubing.

http://media.wattswater.com/ES-LF25AUB.pdf

I m redoing all my plumbing with 1/2". Easy to find. Local HD carries the copper tubes and every possible SharkBites fitting in 1/2" size. I really like these fittings. Easy to assemble and disassemble and I ve shaken them around under pressure, they just don't leak
So much easier than flare, especially if you need to patch old stuff in hard to reach places

northshoreone
04-23-2017, 03:48 PM
I used shark bites when re plumbing a new hot water heater. They are great with the exception of the fact that if you attach a pipe to the wall too tight near the fitting they will leak! I guess a bit too much force too one side of the fitting cause's the leak. So use some caution when attaching the pipes......

dottieshusband
04-23-2017, 04:28 PM
I m redoing all my plumbing with 1/2". Easy to find. Local HD carries the copper tubes and every possible SharkBites fitting in 1/2" size. I really like these fittings. Easy to assemble and disassemble and I ve shaken them around under pressure, they just don't leak
So much easier than flare, especially if you need to patch old stuff in hard to reach places

Copper PIPE in 1/2 certainly is easy to find....copper tubing is not. They are not the same...but many of the fine people here don't know the difference. btw, flaring copper tubing is an easy skill to pick up and it will save you from Rube Goldberg engineering to make Home Depot stuff fit.

Pascal
04-23-2017, 05:00 PM
I ve done flaring in the past but I don't bother anymore

Sharkbite fittings are very forgiving. I ve pulled on the pipes, to get them out of alignment and no leaks I ve clamped some pretty tight to bulkheads and not a leak

racclarkson@gmail.com
04-23-2017, 07:31 PM
I wonder what my upper limit is? Pump cuts off st 60psi. Recently hooked to shore water and gauge shows 78-82psi. Found tiny leak at capillary tube at pressure switch at upper pressure. Everything else is solid. Kinda scared to mess with old regulator as it looks frozen. Probably frozen as in no regulation. I'm the cleanest guy at the marina-- not saying much because I'm surrounded by sailboaters.

Gusshr
08-07-2017, 12:31 PM
My water pressure resting is 10 PSI, and when the pump kicks in it shows 30-50 range. I have one of those old water pressure pumps that you can see the arm rotating close to the water end (not sure about the brand) it is green in color.

Is the accumulator tank a problem? Any advice on the troubleshooting to get increased pressure? Do I need increased pressure?

Thanks

racclarkson@gmail.com
08-07-2017, 12:36 PM
What's keeping the pump from cycling up and down to 10psi?

Gusshr
08-07-2017, 02:23 PM
I don't know the answer to that one, when it kicks in the gauge jumps up and when it stops the gauge stops at 10 immediately. I do not have a leak in the system (on open faucets no pump activity).

racclarkson@gmail.com
08-07-2017, 02:56 PM
What kind of pump?