PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the Thin Twin

RonNP
04-17-2017, 10:03 AM
I want to replace the 30 year old Thin Twin but am unable to source a Bosch Axiss. Is there any other stackable unit on the market currently that will fit in the space?

racclarkson@gmail.com
04-17-2017, 10:17 AM
Looks like there are a number of choices in 24" stackable units if 24" is, indeed, what you are replacing. There are both vented and non-vented dryers. I had a washer/dryer in one unit on my last RV. While it wasn't the best for volume laundry, it yielded a lot of usable space otherwise taken up by a dryer. Depends on your needs I guess. Thought I might replace my Whirlpool units with one of those when the time comes.

rjwilliams
04-17-2017, 11:30 AM
Replaced the twin on my 48 LRC with a washer / dryer in one unit. Great washer but the dryer function is not very efficient. Space wise it's great because I added a pantry where the dryer in the twin unit used to be. If you really need the drying capacity go with one of the stacked units.

SEVEN
04-17-2017, 03:14 PM
Looks like there are a number of choices in 24" stackable units if 24" is, indeed, what you are replacing. There are both vented and non-vented dryers. I had a washer/dryer in one unit on my last RV. While it wasn't the best for volume laundry, it yielded a lot of usable space otherwise taken up by a dryer. Depends on your needs I guess. Thought I might replace my Whirlpool units with one of those when the time comes.

You look awfully official on your new photo page. You look like an admiral. LOL

Scarlett
04-17-2017, 03:19 PM
Ron, check out Whirlpool, we have separate washer and dryer stacked in the original cabinet with a little room to spare. Only thing my wife does not like is the washer is front loading, uses less water but hard to keep clean. Come on over and take a look if you want. John

racclarkson@gmail.com
04-17-2017, 03:27 PM
You look awfully official on your new photo page. You look like an admiral. LOLI am Bolivia's greatest living naval hero, and I'm proud that ASLAN has taken her place alongside her sister ships of the line.