PDA

View Full Version : Saw this once before, now cant find it on here

mrdeepseafisher
10-22-2016, 07:40 PM
Well Its one year in a week since we put Blue Crab in the paint booth. Not much has been done over the summer, as its been too hot. I visited the boat earlier this week for the first time in almost six months and its now time to get this thing done. So I have a bunch of questions about where to get some parts. I am working with Sams as much as possible but some things they dont have.

I am looking for the rollers on the pilot house doors. I saw someone had found these a while back and posted where to get them. Anyone recall that? Picture of my roller is below.

Also need to find someone to mirror the inside of my searchlight. Anyone know who could do this? The company that did the rechroming did not do the inside of the light.

Thanks for the help and advice and I will have many more over the next few months.

Lee

SeaEric
10-22-2016, 08:59 PM
The search function here yielded this thread: http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?26042-53-MY-side-door-rollers&highlight=door+rollers

MikeP
10-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Yep, Sams has them - or at least they used to. I bought a set for the doors two years ago. One of these days I'll install them! :)

mrdeepseafisher
10-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys, now where can I get my searchlight mirrored?

tonytrakovich
10-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys, now where can I get my searchlight mirrored?

That is done in a vacuum metalizing process. There are companies that do custom work. I have not had it done, but here is one: http://www.vacuumorna-metal.com

BOATER BOB
10-23-2016, 01:55 PM
It would be cost prohibitive for the optical coating go to a antique mirror recoating shop.

Scarlett
10-23-2016, 03:49 PM
Just got 4 of those door rollers from SAMs about 3 months ago, hopefully they will still have them. John

Toolsntoys
10-23-2016, 03:59 PM
How rollers are on each door? The website referred to in the previous thread shows 13 in stock