PDA

View Full Version : Alpex air horns or?

CTdave
07-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Hi all...
I would like to find someone who carries parts or complete replacements for my original Alpex Raineri A1173 air horns.
I did a search & found someone here found a source but the AlpexUSA website is long gone. The post was from 2011.
I can't find any replacements even close. My horns are 24" & all I keep coming up with are 17-18" & I'd have to drill new holes.
My horns didn't work when I bought the boat. The compressors work fine but I found the gaskets were shot & one internal spring was shot. No, since so much time has passed, I can't find the damn spring so I could even try & match it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
David

bobk
07-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Hi all...
I would like to find someone who carries parts or complete replacements for my original Alpex Raineri A1173 air horns.
I did a search & found someone here found a source but the AlpexUSA website is long gone. The post was from 2011.
I can't find any replacements even close. My horns are 24" & all I keep coming up with are 17-18" & I'd have to drill new holes.
My horns didn't work when I bought the boat. The compressors work fine but I found the gaskets were shot & one internal spring was shot. No, since so much time has passed, I can't find the damn spring so I could even try & match it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
David

David, sounds like a loosing battle. The alternative is like replacing electronics on a dash board. Make up an attractive base that will cover the old holes and then mount the new set to the new base. Polished SS, teak, smoked or black acrylic etc.

Bobk

Glory
07-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Ditto

CTdave
07-15-2015, 01:03 AM
I agree, looks like I will do what you suggest. I think a nice piece of teak for a new base to cover up the old holes. I think it'll be a nice detail as a matter of fact!
Thanks!

jim rosenthal
07-15-2015, 01:44 AM
No luck on eBay? Just a thought.

I don't know how big they are, but it might be worth a shot to call yacht builders who were also building in that same time and see if anyone has any Alpex spares> Like Burger, Broward, those types of builders. You might get lucky.