PDA

View Full Version : Repower Toilet

BOATER BOB
04-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Over the last three weekends I changed out the Galleymaid toilet pump and repiped the drain line the old pump was under the bed.The plan was to remove the old pump and old rubber hose and run 2" PVC from toilet to engine room and build a shelf for the new Jabsco macerator pump .Mounted the pump on the shelf cut the nipple off the pump installed a MIP 1 1/2 coupling with a 3" long pipe glued in it on the pump with a 1 1/2 to 2" Fernco rubber coupling to mate to the 2" PVC pipe .Next It was time to install Jabsco 6 gal a minute water puppy pump and run new pex pipe to toilet for the flush water.Now for the wiring and to make both pumps Run at the same time I mounted a water proof electric box in the engine room with a Ford starter relay and ran new wire to the pumps with proper fuses and install a new push button switch. Now time for the tank repairs of the suction standpipe for the vacuum pump out hose that had corroded off so I decided to take the plate off to clean it up and 5200 in the standpipe.Also I wanted a way of knowing how full the tank was that is simple and maintance free so I got a big cork and a 20" piece of stainless welding rod and epoxy it in the cork then changed the 1" 90 to a straight 1" barb for the inlet of the macerator to the tank put the top back on the tank installed a piece of clear acrylic tubing over the welding rod with marks to gauge tank fullness.
OK time to check it out and I'm happy to say it works like a champ its quiet lots of flushing power no more working upside down on the pump under the bed well worth the time and when it comes time to replace macerator pump I will have a spare onboard and it will only cost $150 bucks and no waiting for overhaul.
Bob

JakeC
04-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Nice job Bob, you are ready for any digestive issues except the guest who comes aboard clueless.

Bob Bradley
04-22-2015, 10:02 AM
The only way to make my head crew-proof would be a wood chipper attached to a pto off the main engines.