PDA

View Full Version : 6v92's start but I have no ECM throttle control

Hyak
06-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Please I need some help here

Lost throttle response on DDEC 6v92
First the starboard motor lost electronic control. Now both sticks are dead. Starts great but will not shift into gear on port or starboard. Starboard ECM reads 12.5 v. Port reads 11.9. 12 volt battery charger always runs when breaker is on. Just topped off 12 volt bat bank with distiller water.

Had to run home on emergency controls. How can I get ECM throttle control back...

Hyak
07-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Ok. So the results are in. The reason i had no throttle response was due to a burnt out ( for whatever reason) emergency backup power module. The EBPM is responsible for sending a 24 volt signal to each gear actuator. My Viking DDeC system is 90% 12v operation. Except for the gear actuators which are 24v. The new EBPM is being installed this week.

Basically there was 24v going into the Emergency Backup Power Module but only 12v coming out of the box.
Also the EBPM is not emergency at all. Its an essential part of transmission operation. So the name on the black box (located next to ERIM) "emergency" isnt really clear.

The throttles are sending the proper command. The EBPM just couldnt comply. The part is $1300

drburke
07-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the follow up. Great to keep track of what solves the problem!

DAN

Boatsb
07-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the follow up. Great to keep track of what solves the problem!

DAN

And some people bitch about the cost of cables.