PDA

View Full Version : Changing Blinds

JLR
11-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I will be changing the blinds in the salon of my 56MY. I presently have what are probably the Hatteras factory install. I can't imagine anyone else really warming up to aluminum blinds. Nevertheless, is there any magic to replacing them. I plan on pulling off a set (I have six separate blinds in the salon) and providing the dimensions to some place to get new sets made--either real or faux wood mini blinds. Does anyone have any places they could recommend for this job and is it likely that I will run into hardware matching issues if I do not actually supply the old blinds to the place making the new ones. By the way, I too have the blinds that hang outside of the windows rather than follow the contours of the windows on the inside. Any help would surely be appreciated.

Traveler 45C
11-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I’m awaiting delivery of the new blinds that I’ve ordered from Home Depot. I didn’t bring in my old ones, just the measurements. It’s a pretty straightforward remove and replace job. Mine hang on the outside of the frames also. All hardware included.

Maynard Rupp
11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
What will you guys do about the forward side windows,(just aft of the windshield)? Our 36C has a severe angle at the front of the window. I know you can trim each blind leaf, but what happens when you get to a vertical string? If you cut the string all the leaves will fall at that point. I figured that there is no way to retract that angled blind, but I am sure I would run into a vetrical string set.

JLR
11-18-2005, 03:54 PM
If you are referring to the rounded plexi windows on each side just forward of the pilothouse doors, I have no coevrings on those.

Maynard Rupp
11-18-2005, 08:43 PM
No, I am talking about the port and starboard glass windows on the sides of the salon,(wheelhouse), that are the first ones aft of the windshield on each side. The angle of the front of the glass in these windows is caused by the aft rake of the windshields.

Traveler 45C
11-21-2005, 08:25 AM
My solution for the angled windows just aft of the windshield (45C) is to hang curtains there. These will serve to soften the appearance of the blinds and lighten up the interior somewhat, which is necessary with all of the dark wood that I have.