PDA

View Full Version : Bennett Trim Tab Stuck Down

seasalt
02-06-2014, 03:36 PM
I have Bennett trim tabs with the indicators at the helm that show the angle of deployment by filling in bars on a scale. I have one stuck in the down position. I had noticed that it was becoming sluggish.

The fluid reservoir is full.

What could be wrong?

Geoff58yf
02-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Go to simple things first. Have someone lean over swimplatform or dock and watch to see if they are moving up and down when you activate them. It may just be and indicator.

magnawake
02-12-2014, 04:57 PM
did you fix it?

seasalt
02-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Diver said it was not stuck. It went up and down several times yet the indicator said nothing was happening. The reason that I could not tell are two: One: swim platform did allow for my arthritic body to get down there to see and Two: for my tabs to work the ignition key must be on and that activates the alarm buzzer so I can't hear the tab running. When the key is turned off the tabs automatically retract.

Bennett said to get new indicators at $200 bucks that do not cover the holes on the dash.

I never had indicators until this boat. I went by feeling what the boat was doing so that is what I am going to do.

magnawake
02-13-2014, 10:04 AM
I have one on my strb side stuck in the down position. Maybe i too need to turn the key on to operate. I havent done that. I have turn the pump on and can hear it running, but nothing happens outside. Of course with the noise of the engines its impossible to hear. I dont have the indicators and i dont think they retract automatically. it seems like I have worked them just sitting at the dock without the key on. I think thats the last time they worked. I wonder if all trim tabs need the key on to work?