PDA

View Full Version : anchor without pulpit

bigbill
12-27-2011, 01:00 PM
my 58 yf came from the factory without a pulpit, one of the previous owners added an aluminum pulpit with rails(not a bad aftermarket job)... (this is hard to describe, so bear with me) the bow has a horizontal hole with an aluminum pipe going through it where the factory pulpit would have gone. the hole is about 4 inches in diameter and goes through in the raised section of the bow in the center. is this a factory hole for an anchor? if so what type of anchor was it designed for? i am thinking of adding a second anchor, and was thinking of running it through this hole. it should be out of the way of the anchor that is on the pulpit, so i could deploy either anchor, or both without interfering with each other. what do ya'll think

SeaEric
12-27-2011, 01:19 PM
It's not likely factory. I have seen those on other yachts with a plow or cqr type anchor deployed there.

Maynard Rupp
12-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Slane Marine makes the correct Hatteras pulpit and all the hardware and railings to make it like it should have been. All of our old Hatteri had one of two possible bow pulpits and Slane reproduces both.:)