PDA

View Full Version : Jet Boat Tenders

Freestyle
06-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Fell in love with the idea of teenage boys water skiing behind the tender to the new boat.

Went to the two best tender dealer/repair guys in Fort Lauderdale with my owner's forum friend that I talked into buying a 53 ED a few years ago and asked them to sell me a boat today.

I guess for me the turning point was when I met the mechanic for jet boats at 84 Boat Works and he said, "buy a jet boat, my kid wants to go to Vanderbilt."

My friend and I are Vanderbilt classmates but after talking to him about the jet tender maintainance business, I ain't buying a jet boat tender.

Bought a Nouvrania 360 DL with Bow Rail and 49 hp four stroke Yamaha.

Hope the guys kid goes to Vandy. I've noticed the drunk asses I hung out with all have Hatteras boats if that's what they are into.

Bruce

Freestyle
62 CPMY
Tampa

capt_andy_swfl
06-20-2011, 07:21 PM
My impression is that jetskis spend a lot of time "down" for maintenance. Since most of the small tender size jetboats rely on the same technology, I guess that makes sense. Congrats on the Novurania!~

saltshaker
06-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Excellent choice in tenders. The conventional setup handles much better than the jet tenders. Also as stated the maintenance is much less than that of the jet tenders.

Northcott
07-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Ive had a jet boat tender for 3 years with no problems other than a battery cable. Much nicer without a prop!