PDA

View Full Version : Drought: We are in a hard

Robby
06-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Drought here in SW Alabama and the south as a whole.We have lost a lot of cash because of it.The Bahamiam High that held on here from the time of the toranados that destroyd Hackleburg and Phil Cambell Al as well as parts of Tuscalossa and towns in Miss has left many of us High and dirt dry.Feast or famin as it is I'm lossing way to much money to cancelations for my ,me lawnservice.I want to retire this year but I dont think It will happen.We wanted to leave on the loop In Jan but the house hasent sold and we still have some family things that block our route.The family thing stinks to high heven as well as the economy and house sales but we have a good boat and we still love each other and we still dream ----If it would just Rain,Pennys from hevan.Be safe and have a good weekend on the water--------Robby

lumina
06-10-2011, 10:25 PM
HI All,

Robby,,,,I'm sorry to hear things are so tough, your situation sucks, but I wish you luck in overcomming it and a wonderful retirement on your boat with your love.

spartonboat1
06-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Very sorry dry there... much rain (and cold) in midwest...esp. MI

Robby
06-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Very sorry dry there... much rain (and cold) in midwest...esp. MIMost folks dont know it but Mobile is normaly the wettest city in the US.35-40 inches per year.We have been getting lighting storms late in the afternoon but are dry for the most part.Its in the 95-100 degree range now and this is the last of spring.What we need down here is a weak tropical storm that will just rain for two days.It would still take my customers yards two weeks to get somewhat back to normal.I'm losing almost $800 per month on two customers.One yard is 9 ahcers and the other one is six.A bunch of my customers have called and said we'll call you when the time comes.Its a good thing that Bren works and we are Retired Air Force.I've been doing this for about 15 years and this is the worst I've seen.Robby

67hat34c
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Great time to do water damage repairs, dig open the bad spots and they will dry.

Jaxfishgyd
06-13-2011, 05:36 PM
It fully sucks for everyone it seems... My buddy has his ranch for sale in Arizona and has already picked out his boat.... It's two slips down from mine, he gave the owner $10,000 down and has been making the boat payment, slip payment and insurance payment on it for almost 2 yrs now.... He was hoping it would be less than 6 months.
BUT, he now has buyers who have been pre approved and want his ranch but still owe 2 yrs on their rental apt.... Bobby has offered to pay off their rental IF they pay full price....
They like the idea.... their parents (who will co sign the loan) all love the idea so hopefully it will finally get done and he will finally get here and move onboard.......

Robby
06-13-2011, 09:44 PM
this is Brenda-- I cant sign on to my computer right nw but thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes