PDA

View Full Version : awlgrip, dumb question

Bill Allen
05-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Does anyone know the paint code or where I can get the older hatt off white in awlgrip. Contacted Defender and they tell me they can't find it. Thanks Bill

stilespb
05-26-2010, 08:59 PM
You need to find a distributor. Check the US PAINT website. West Marine now sells many of the standard AWLGRIP color formulations like Off White, but I think you need to get the distributor to mix a batch of Hatteras Off White to get that creamy color. I do not know if West Marine will order the custom color for you.

SeaEric
05-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I did some paint work this past Winter on a 1991 52 CPMY. The color was Awlgrip "Cream"

captddis
05-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Yes, Cream is the perfect match for the off white. Used it on my 82 46C.

lumina
05-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi All,

I've found that Interlux Briteside makes a one part paint in two Hatteras colors.

One is Hatteras Off-White and the other is Hatteras Off-White 1990.

The latter matches my 1974 Yachtfish perfectly.

The way it was explained to me the 1990 matches pre 1990 boats and the regular Off-White matches the newer boats.

It's available at West Marine.

LENZ
05-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I have a 1972 Hatteras 43 DCMY The paint code/name is "Old off white" code # H8337 AWL GRIP. Its the exact match to the original color, hope this helps.

LENZ

MikeP
05-27-2010, 06:15 AM
I keep a quart can of 4218 Brightside on the boat; it perfectly matches the Hatt-spec Imron that was sprayed in 1992 and is perfect for any touch-up work. Of course it does not have the durability of Imrom/Awlgrip but because it's so easy to use, so easy to find and matches the color, I use it frequently. Everything "white" on the boat is that color - engine room walls, decks, hull. It's really handy to have.

Doing the mast work I managed to make some dings in the deck but 5 minutes later they were gone using the 4218 and you can't see where it happened. I have painted stuff with brightside 4-5 years ago that still looks good so it's not as if it's just a short term repair. Good Paint!

Bill Allen
05-27-2010, 07:36 AM
The older hatt white is a perfect match to whatever is on my boat I really wanted the durability of the awlgrip, but have been tempted to consider the one part. The toe rail is the worse and of course I now have bare fiberglass where I cut in scuppers. Really don't want to spend all season on it since I have other stuff to do to it before heading to the keys with her this winter. Bill