PDA

View Full Version : Trade 28' Rhodes Design Sailboat, for stuff!

rsadelman
10-26-2008, 05:17 PM
I know this is a Hatteras Forum, and I have a very nice 1974, 70' MY.

I was recently given a project boat while having new teak door panels made by this salty old timer master carpenter and he started talking about this sailboat he had out back that he wanted someone to finish or find a good home for.

The Sailboat was made here in St Louis about 6 years ago. Never in the water, no sails or mast. I understand 12 were made and this one was kept to finish by the contractor and his three sailing buddies. The master carpenter, who gave the boat to me ended up with it but had a stroke and never got to completing it. It has a bulkhead inside and that is it. 2200 lb lead keel and is on a new trailer. We have the railing, hatch cover and there is a stern and bow pulpit installed.

There is no paperwork on the boat or trailer but the trailer is also new with 6 wheels and you can drive it home to work on it!

The boat would be a fun project if I had the time, and I have enough on my hands with my Hat.

I can send you some pictures from my iPhone if interested. We want to replace an older water bike that we have on the Hatteras that is shot so I'll consider equal value newer one, or something I could use on my Hatteras as the list is ongoing and ever growing.....